Microsoft Office 365 Download PDF Version
Microsoft Office 365 is a modern collaboration platform that provides a full-featured email system with web access, integrated calendaring, a campus contacts directory, support for mobile device access, and 50 gigabytes of storage per account.
- Convenient web and desktop access to your email and integrated calendar. Full-featured web interface for accessing email and calendar (Outlook Web App), as well as email and integrated calendar compatibility with desktop email clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Apple Mail.
- Large message storage capacity. 50 gigabytes of email storage for each user.
- Access from portable devices, including iOS and Android-based phones and tablets. Access to your email, calendar entries, and contacts from your mobile device.
- No automatic deletion of emails. Office 365 accounts are not subject to the 365-day email retention policy.
- Built-in anti-spam message filtering. Integrated anti-spam tools for smoother control of email filtering and identification.
Epsom College Office 365 Roll Out Plan
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based system and will provide Epsom College staff and students with the tools they need to communicate and collaborate now and in the future. Upcoming enhancements will include the Microsoft Lync web and video conferencing platform, which will allow for high-definition video conferencing, screen sharing, and instant messaging; and OneDrive for Business, an integrated, cloud-based service for document storage.
In Summer 2014 IT Services team started to upgrade the IT infrastructure at the College in order for it to be able to support the new systems and began rolling out Exchange Online, the Office 365 product that supports email, integrated calendar, and contacts. From the beginning of October 2014, the system is operational and all staff and students new login IDs have been provided. The switchover, when all the incoming email messages will start being delivered to the new system is planned to happen during w/c 13 October 2014. IT Services team anticipates that the roll out of Office 365 will be completed by end of October 2014.
Additional Office 365 features, including Lync Online, Sharepoint and SkyDrive Pro will become available over the next 12 to 18 months.
NOTE: Your Office 365 account does also include access to Microsoft Office software. For information on how to get access to this software for your work or home computer, contact the IT Services.